The "László Lajtha" Folklore Documentation Center wishes to make its collection fully available online. It is hoped that soon all audio and video recordings, photos, slides, books and manuscripts will be accessible via internet. Presently a test version of the future database is running.
- All audiovisual materials related to folk music, folk dance and other forms of folklore.
- A database of published folk music and folkdance recordings, including original folklore collections and revival recordings as well. Due to legal regulations, only the description of these media is available. The recordings may be watched or listened to at our Library in the Hungarian Heritage House.
- Our Library is a professional resource center of ethnographic materials, including interdisciplinary areas (history of dance and music, sociology, linguistics, cultural anthropology, history and psychology) as well. The complete libraries of the outstanding Hungarian scholars and artists György Martin and László Lajtha are available. The library is being constantly expanded. Articles may be researched by title or by theme. An advanced search engine is now being developed and is going to operate soon.
- It is a feature under construction. It is going to enable search by villages and ethno-geographic regions. Until the completion of the new search system, a digital map of the Carpathian Basin and Moldova is available.
Wish you a pleasant search!
- About the Hungarian Heritage House
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble
- Applied Folk Arts Departement
- Folklore Documentation Center (Archives)